The Vampire Facial or PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) is one of the most talked-about anti-ageing treatments of this decade.
The real beauty of the Vampire facial is that it doesn’t manipulate or change your body forcibly like surgery, but instead harnesses your body’s own natural ability to heal and regenerate.
1) What is a PRP Vampire Facial Rejuvenation?
PRP is an injectable treatment that uses platelet rich plasma from the patient’s own blood. The plasma component contains platelets that contain growth factors. When injected back into the skin, it accelerates the body’s natural skin rejuvenation process to reduce signs of ageing.
2) How does PRP work?
During the treatment, your practitioner takes some of your blood, like in a blood test, then places that blood into a centrifuge to separate the platelet-rich plasma. This platelet-rich plasma is then inserted into the deeper layers of the skin on your face, neck, chest or any other area which may be of concern, using a microneedling device.
Once inside your body, the platelets get to work. Stimulating the regeneration of old, weakened skin cells and promoting the growth of new collagen and elastin. Giving you brighter, healthier and more youthful-looking skin.
3) What are the Benefits of a PRP Vampire Facial?
- Increased collagen production
- Reduced fine lines and wrinkles
- Tighter and firmer skin
- Improved moisture retention
- Enhanced skin tone and texture
4) who is a Good Candidate for a Vampire Facial?
You may be a good candidate for a vampire facial if you:
- Suffer from acne scars
- Are afflicted by hyperpigmentation
- Want to reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Want tighter, firmer skin
- Have uneven skin tone
- Are not ready for a facelift
- Have dry skin
- Feel your skin looks older than it should
However certain clotting conditions, which requiring regular use of blood thinners or other blood-related disorders are not the ideal candidate for a vampire facial. Moreover, you may not be the best candidate if you expect the exact same results as a facelift.
5) Is any Preparation Required?
- There are only a few small elements you should consider before your treatment:
- Your shouldn’t tan before and after the treatment.
- Wear sunscreen whenever you go out before and after your treatment.
- Drink at least 2 litres of water a day for three days before and after your treatment.
- Come to your appointment with a bare face. Do not wear tanning products, makeup, moisturiser or any other skincare product.
6) Is there any Downtime?
Just as we all want to look younger and want to avoid looking run-down, we don’t have time to look any less than our best at all times. Thanks to PRP, the “micro-injuries” created by the microneedling are essentially healed as quickly as they are inflicted.
However, there is a small chance of bruising if the PRP is used to be injected to the skin and slight redness similar to sunburned look is expected for a couple of days.
7) Does It Hurt
Before your vampire facial begins, your facial skin is gently yet thoroughly cleansed and sanitised. This ensures there is no dirt, dust, pollen, pollutant, makeup or any other imperfection on your skin that could cause a negative reaction to treatment.
During the treatment you will feel manageable scratching like sensation.
8) How safe is PRP Vampire Facial?
PRP is actually a very safe injectable treatment and the benefits of a vampire facial is that it is right for nearly everyone.
During the PRP Vampire Facial treatment, your own platelet rich plasma is used, therefore there’s no chance of an allergic reaction or your body rejecting it as you are essentially using your own natural elements with no added foreign products.
9) How many sessions are required?
For the treatment to have the best chance of success, we recommend that PRP injections are administered over 3 sessions at 3 week intervals.
We suggest that patients then receive a single maintenance treatment every six months to maintain the benefits.
10) How much does it cost?
Face & Neck £275
Any two area £375